JDA cherche un Senior User Researcher
About the role:
The User Researcher will play a critical role in shaping the user experience of JDA solutions across multiple product suites. They are responsible for uncovering actionable insights from user research or designing interactions and interfaces for improving interactive experiences.
This position requires an analytical and/or a creative visual thinker who has a passion to be continually learning about new technologies, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and strongly believes in advocating the end-user’s needs and behaviors. You will be a key member of the UX team and will work closely with development and product management teams.
All candidates must provide a portfolio with examples demonstrating experience in creating UX solutions that is based on findings from user research, UCD principles, and best practices.
What you will do:
- Help drive agile UX processes, interacting with both product management and product development teams
- For user researcher:
- Understand business requirements of various JDA product suites as needed
- Assist with and attend a wide range of user-centered research projects including usability testing, contextual and stakeholder interviews
- Conduct user research activities to gather requirements. This includes interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analyses and contextual inquiry.
- You will also be responsible for creating personas and user scenarios.
- For designers:
- Create wireframes, mockups, low and high fidelity prototypes that advocate industry standards, best practices, and effectively communicate findings from user research.
- Work within the UX Design team to help shape and create innovated and highly usable user experience guidelines
- Present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Proven experience in User research and/or UX design.
- A passion for transforming user research into simple, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces and experiences.
- Excellent design ability and amazing attention to detail, along with a proficiency in Adobe CS products.
- Skilled in at least one method of user interface prototyping (e.g. Axure, Visio, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote)
- Understanding of web accessibility and user interface web standards with a broad knowledge of current and best practices.
- Understanding of mobile design principles
- You are passionate and optimistic.
- You are Innovative. You challenge assumptions.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage those around you to create their best work.
- You are up to speed in the latest interactive and visual design trends and thinking, but you do not always “accept” them.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You are not “political.”
- You have a track record of designing cutting edge, sophisticated interaction designs for web applications.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement.
- You have a life outside of work. You are in sports leagues, take cooking classes, attend basket weaving seminars… you like to be involved in activities.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You have tremendous design intuition and a natural ability to empathize with different personas.
- You have impeccable communication skills. You are able to persuade others of anything.
- You enjoy building new things and coming up with new solutions, not just working on existing products. You like being closely involved from the inception.
- You never fail at getting the right information out of people and then translating it to various technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive critical design feedback
- You have at a bachelor’s degree in something. (Your experience matters more than how you got there.)
- You believe that corporate design teams should function with the autonomy of an agency. You buy into the scrum methodology, and demand a project oriented, collaborative, and very positive environment.
Why is JDA a great place for UX?
- Our UX Team is highly valued across the organization.
- We are a rapidly growing team, and you will be at the very center of that.
- JDA has 4,500 employees worldwide. You will get the stability of a large corporation, with the feel of a startup within the UX team.
- Our Montreal Office is conveniently located in the heart of Le Plateau.
- We have strong executive support for world-class user experience.
- We believe in work/life balance wholeheartedly.
- We are a highly successful, fast-growing company with a “no politics” policy that really works.
- We have relentlessly high standards when it comes to the people we hire and the designs we produce.